I CAN'T COME TO CAMP BUT WOULD LIKE TO HELP SOMEBODY ELSE GET THERE, CAN I DO THAT?
Yes! You can help send somebody else to camp via the Power of Magic Camperships!
CAN I WORK AT CAMP?
Our volunteer camp team is staffed entirely in-house.
However, if you are a/n…
Licensed ASL interpreter
…and you’re willing to volunteer some of your time in exchange for reduced or free tuition (depending on the time/work commitment), please get in touch with Kristin and Marni ASAP!
Furthermore, if you're already registered for camp and you're an extraordinary human being who does workshops, activities or performances for a living and you have a unique and invigorating workshop/activity to offer the A-Camp community, email kristin [at] everyoneisgay [dot] com and marni [at] autostraddle [dot] com with your idea!
WHAT BEHAVIORS/ACTIONS WILL GET ME KICKED OUT OF CAMP?
Any camper who poses a threat to the safety and comfort of other guests or employees may be removed from the premises (asked to leave camp immediately). This includes a camper who is extraordinarily loud, abusive, threatening to others, engaged in non-consensual physical contact against others. Inappropriate conduct may also extend to violations of the rules and procedures of the campground. Generally, any camper who has utilized the premises and is removed for inappropriate behavior will forfeit the cost of camp tuition as per the terms and conditions of registration. We can drive you to the airport, but we will not buy your plane ticket.
WHEN I REGISTERED, I CHECKED OFF THAT I READ AND UNDERSTOOD AND WOULD ABIDE BY THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF MY REGISTRATION, BUT I WAS LYING BECAUSE I DIDN'T ACTUALLY READ THEM. CAN YOU REPRINT THEM HERE FOR ME?
Please read and understand the following terms & conditions because they are for real:
Please read and understand the following terms & conditions because they are for real.
1. Non-Refundable Registration Deposit: Your $75 registration deposit is 100% non-refundable and non-transferrable, absolutely zero exceptions. If you need to give up your spot, you can sign in to this interface and cancel your registration, or email cool [at] autostraddle [dot] com and tell them you wish to cancel.
2. Refund Policy: Payments made beyond the $75 deposit will be refunded if you cancel before April 15th. If you cancel between April 15th and May 6th, you will receive a 50% refund. If you cancel after May 6th, your tuition will not be refunded or transferred, no exceptions.
3. Transportation To Camp From The Airport: A-Camp is about 1.5-2.5 hours from LAX. If you plan on taking an Autostraddle shuttle to camp, you've gotta show up at LAX by 2:30pm at the latest. We take your flight info to ensure everybody is accounted for and to get you into shuttles and off to camp as quickly as possible! If your flight is delayed, we'll wait for you, but if you schedule a flight that gets in after 2:30 PM, you're on your own!
4. Transportation From Airport To Camp: Shuttles from camp to LAX leave at 10:30 AM and therefore will not arrive at LAX until 12:30pm at the absolute earliest. If your domestic flight leaves LAX prior to 3:00, we cannot guarantee that a shuttle will enable you to catch your flight.
5. You must pay your tuition in full by April 15th. The payment method you inputted when you registered will be automatically charged for your remaining balance if you do not pay it in full or cancel it prior to that date.
6. We will be sending you emails from @autostraddle.com email addresses, so please look out for those and read them or risk losing your spot, ending up in a cabin filled with goblins, or making us all go completely insane. If we can't get in touch with you via email, we will call you repeatedly, sing off-key into your voice mail, and send aggressive carrier pigeons to your home.
7. Just another reminder that there are no exceptions to any of our refund policies. You cannot transfer your tuition, you cannot transform your tuition into a campership. The only thing emailing us for an exception accomplishes is to make us all feel sad. Just come to camp! That's so much more fun than getting a refund anyhow.
8. Campers who display violent behavior or attempt or commit physical or sexual assault will be sent home immediately, at their own expense, with no refunds or other compensation offered.